Saturday, September 18, 2010

Mason Jar Organizing and Decorating

Mason Jars In My Home:


I have a special place in my heart for mason jars. I am not sure why I LOVE to use them as my drinking glasses, but I get a little flutter of excitement each time I empty out a jar of jelly and place it in the dishwasher to be cleaned for a future use!
  
I have decided to share my use of mason jars in my bathroom and kitchen.  Here is a picture of my bathroom. Very cramped with very little counter space.


I'm not sure why I have a plant in my shower but something about it makes my showers feel more exotic and fresh!


Here I have used mason jars to hold my Q-tips and cotton balls.  I used simple screw in knobs from Ace and bent metal wire around the jars.  They were ready to hang in about 10 min! 



This saved me a lot of counter space and I hate having to get into a cabinet for the things I use every morning!


 

 I tied twine around two more and placed a votive candle with some dollar store sea glass inside each of them.


Notice the leaves in a mason jar below?






I love them without hanging somewhere as well.  I kept the twine around the tops.

 







I love their simple charm!


UPDATE:  These next few pictures are amazing and I can already feel my next project coming on!












Linking to:



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love Mason jars! And your bamboo in the shower. :) Those lights are so cool.

    ReplyDelete